Title: Manager of Awards and Special Programs
About the Canadian Country Music Association
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards broadcast.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its inclusive, casual and friendly environment. We are pet friendly and have fabulous canine colleagues!
The Canadian Country Music Association is currently searching for a Manager of Awards and Special Programs who will manage and lead the execution of the nominating and voting process for all CCMA Award Programs.
Within this role, you will be responsible for all areas of the CCMA Awards and Balloting Programs, including the CCMA Hall of Fame, Awards of Achievement, and special events; this includes managing all phases of the CCMA Awards nominating and voting process pre and post awards, while ensuring the CCMA Awards Rules and Regulations reflect and adapt to the ever-changing music landscape, to act as a liaison for voting membership and the CCMA official auditor. The Manager of Awards and Special Programs will be the expert resource regarding our Awards Program for internal and external partners.
- Act as the membership and partner liaison regarding CCMA Awards & Balloting Program, managing all areas, including rules and regulations, committees, award juries, budgets, verification process and Broadcast Awards
- Prepare voting materials and communications, including voting process explanation, frequently asked questions, and portal and email communications in tandem with the Public Relations team
- Be the contact for the official auditor and supplier of all needs to the auditor, including confirmation of all ballot content and committee decisions.
- Liaise with the Awards ballot software provider in the configuration and testing of the CCMA Awards voting portal to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the voting process
- Leads the CCMA Awards Paid Distribution marketing campaign alongside the CCMA Marketing team
- Leads the award statue ordering process post CCMA Awards to ensure CCMA Award winners and nominees receive personalized statues in a timely manner
- Streamlines processes to improve nominee & winner communications, ordering process, and order fulfillment
- Oversee/maintain Awards recordkeeping, keeping information up to date and press-ready.
- Collaborate and work closely with marketing creative and media teams to coordinate ads and E-blasts to promote awards eligible programming.
- Manage all areas of the CCMA Hall of Fame Program, including the Elector’s Committee Hall of Fame process and Awards of Achievement Programs
- Manage relationships with the National Music Centre and the physical Hall of Fame
- Work with CCMA Hall of Fame Inductees and Awards of Achievement recipients and the CCMA production team on special award video packs
- Work with the internal team to manage special events, including CCMA Hall of Fame reception, CCMA Foundation activities etc
Capability Requirements – education, skills & experience:
- 3-5 years experience in a project management role or awards/music/ film experience, ideally within a member-based association or organization (within the Canadian music industry a bonus)
- The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge of the awards and music industry landscape and a passion for music/entertainment
- Deadline-driven, meticulously detail-oriented and highly organized
- Multi-tasker and ability to efficiently prioritize a large volume of tasks and responsibilities
- Can maintain composure in high-stress, complex situations; has excellent decision-making skills, clear communication, and delegation; fosters welcoming hospitality
- An ability to build professional relationships and work effectively with colleagues and senior leaders across the organization and externally
- Proactively tackles problems, takes independent action, seeks new responsibilities, generates new ideas, acts on opportunities, and practices self-development
- Strong written and communication skills. Being bilingual (French) is an asset.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
We want to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or visits, please.
Posting closes on Thursday, April 6 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
The CCMA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected ground under Human Rights.
If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.