Head of Marketing
We are searching for a creative, innovative and entrepreneurial person to join our team here at the CCMA. If you love the music industry and are a results driven data focused marketing individual we would love to meet you!
Reporting to President, you will be driving the associations marketing strategy, leading the team to executing all aspects of the marketing department’s day to day initiatives translating business objectives into actionable marketing strategies. The ideal candidate is an Influential individual, extremely ambitious, and a creative professional hungry to make change and develop forward industry leading ideas that push boundaries and resonate with our audiences. In addition to being organized, analytical, strategic and resourceful, you must possess strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
This is a high-impact role where you will be a key player in the decision-making process of our brand evolution, marketing execution, consumer growth, and business development. This role is both strategic and tactical, we’re therefore looking for someone who can wear different hats and thrives in such an environment.
The position’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels
- Track and analyze the performance of campaigns, managing department budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity
- Collaborate with our sponsorship team and colleagues to translate partner KPIs into innovative effective concepts and ideas that align with our association objectives
- Lead strategy and day to day operations of our consumer facing brand and e-commerce site ‘Live Country’
- Prepare regular reporting of key performance metrics and communicate findings, figures, and insights
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely showing ROI of investment
- Test learn tell with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our owned properties building a robust and engaged audience
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors
- Consistently working to develop and evolve processes within the department to best serve company and key stakeholders
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights to capture business opportunities
- Keep abreast of industry news, trends, and digital innovations, consistently sharing with stakeholders and applying where relevant
- 8+ years marketing strategy, content ideation experience, with proven experience building, executing, and scaling cross-functional marketing strategies
- Creative thinker who takes initiative and is capable of building, launching, and managing projects and programs that drive results for our core business objectives
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field
- Absolute passion for the digital space with deep understanding of social platforms
- Must have proficient knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok
- Experience with paid reach campaigns and consumer journey funnels
- Direct to Consumer eCommerce Experience (Shopify platform knowledge)
- Understanding and application of data driven approach
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Exceptional communication, organizational & priority setting skills
- Strong written and communication skills. Bilingual (French) is an asset
- Ability to problem solve & react in time-sensitive situations
- Highly efficient, solution oriented individual
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience using social listening tools (Meltwater specifically is an asset)
- Eye for detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Team spirit, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Passionate interest in music, entertainment, and pop culture and up to date with the latest news, trends and discussions
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards broadcast.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its inclusive, casual and friendly environment. We are pet friendly and have fabulous canine collogues!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are critical components of business at the Canadian Country Music Association, and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. The CCMA encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, men, non-binary identifying and persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.