Marketing Coordinator (Full Time Position)
Are you looking for an incredible hands-on experience in the music and entertainment industry? Keep reading if that’s YOU!
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support the Head of Brand with all marketing, digital and communications initiatives associated with Country Music Week, the CCMA Awards and other CCMA year-round membership and artist programs. The ideal candidate has exceptional communications skills (especially writing), digital and social media marketing experience, community management, intermediate graphic and moderate video skills and is a dependable self-starter. This position will assist with the development and implementation of marketing and communications tactical plans and best suits an individual with an upbeat and flexible attitude with a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit environment that demands a team player approach.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to within Canada for Country Music Week each year. The position will be work from home until we are back to in-person working environments, located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans
- Support the planning and execution of social media content calendars on various platforms. Strong working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok is required. Including some knowledge of paid reach.
- Development/editing of graphics using Adobe Creative Suite programs. Intermediate/advanced knowledge Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Maintain CCMA website (minor page and graphic updates) using Word Press.
- Maintain current database of industry partners and stakeholders
- Be point-of-contact for Media Row event as part of Country Music Week
- Oversee paid distribution service for the CCMA Awards Program
- Manage contest fulfillment packages and promotional ticketing for Country Music Week events
- Respond to and track requests for media donations for Country Music Week.
- Track social media exposure, growth and engagement, and compile website analytics
- Respond to general inquiries about the CCMA, CCMA Awards and Country Music Week
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of media releases and CCMA member announcements and other communications deliverables
- Research, fact check and gather communications materials as needed
- Assist with media relations and communications at events prior to and during Country Music Week
- Professionally and effectively interface with members, media, key stakeholders and the public
- Other administration and general office tasks as required
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Team player and self-starter– it’s all hands on deck at the CCMA
- Recent completion of diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, music management, or other applicable fields (preferred but not required)
- Proficient with all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge/experience with Word Press.
- Working knowledge/experience with Mailchimp or other mail distribution programs.
- Professional written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce a variety of written materials (Ex. Social copy)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Experience in digital marketing is an asset
- Working knowledge of Canadian media landscape
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and effectively manage duties as assigned
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point) and comfortable learning new technical applications.
- Passion for music, ideally Country
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards broadcast live on Global TV.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its inclusive, casual and friendly environment. We are pet friendly and have fabulous canine collogues!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of business at the Canadian Country Music Association, and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. The CCMA encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, men, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.