Awards and Ticketing Coordinator (Full Time Position)
Are you a self-starting firecracker whose looking for an incredible hands-on experience in the music and entertainment industry? Keep reading if that’s YOU!
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) is currently seeking an Awards and Ticketing Coordinator ninja. Reporting to the Manager of Awards and Balloting, this position will be primarily responsible for providing support to the Awards and Balloting Program along with Ticketing and Registration for Country Music Week.
This role requires a candidate who can metaphorically juggle chainsaws while reciting the plot of Cloud Atlas, all without breaking a sweat. They have strong organizational, teamwork and diplomatic skills, along with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This role best suits an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit office environment that demands a team player approach. Also, a little humour never hurt anyone!
The successful candidate will be required to travel to within Canada for Country Music Week each year. The position will be work-from-home until we are back to in-person working environments, located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Awards and Balloting, Membership
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for the awards and balloting program including but not limited to jury invitations and jury preparation, review of balloting website, organization of award submissions, award verification and award orders
- Review key deliverables for the awards and balloting program and assist the Manager in assessing the scope of each project
- Assist with membership inquiries and renewals in a timely manner
Country Music Week Registration
- Responding to queries and providing assistance to CCMA members registering for Country Music Week 2021 via telephone and email
- Assist with seating requirements for delegates, artists and VIPs for Country Music Week 2021 events
- Providing daily/weekly registration reports to senior management as required
- Act as on-site Registration Manager during Country Music Week 2021, providing training and support for volunteers working the Country Music Week 2021 Registration Desk
- Ensuring delegate registration packages include appropriate tickets and passes
- General administration duties as required; including but not limited to: filing, couriering, invoice tracking and supply management, bank deposits
- Managing executive schedules and booking meetings
- Data entry and collection
- Assistance with content collection for the CCMA database as required
- Assist other CCMA staff as needed
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Customer service-oriented individual with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with data entry is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and above average organizational skills
- Cash management and inventory analysis experience is an asset
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and effectively manage duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable learning new technical applications
- Ability to work well in a team environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Willingness to work flexible hours
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards broadcast live on Global TV.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its inclusive, casual and friendly environment. We are pet friendly and have fabulous canine collogues!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of business at the Canadian Country Music Association, and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. The CCMA encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, men, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.